Tuesday, January 8, 2008

I Must Be a Marsupial

...And I really thought I was human...


It was one of those days. No matter how asleep Lily appeared to be, her eyes instantly popped open - like the exact opposite of one of those "sleeping" baby dolls - every time her little back grazed the mattress. Sometimes I got the big grin, with the "nice try, Mommy" look. Other times I got the " you better pick me up or I am going to wail" face. What's a busy mom to do?


Enter the life-saver: the bjorn.


Just strap her on in her little "pouch"and away we go. We have cleaned, cooked (which is a bit precarious), taken ornaments off the Christmas tree (the holiday that never seems to end at the Crooks) - you name it. This wasn't really how I pictured my new exercise plan for the new year, but hey, weight training is good. :)


Little did I know that I was going to carry her on the outside like this for months after carrying her on the inside for what seemed like an eternity. I now have a new-found respect for kangaroos... :)

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

gotta love the carrier!!!